Monday, August 17, 2009

Landscape surrounding me..

Hey Guys,
the first three days in Cincinnati and it seems like I have seen so much already. The landscape and buildings around me are very impressive and they appear much more different than in Germany. Everything seems to be bigger and just very very huge! As we arrived, I expected a dorm like ours in Germany...no way! It is just impossible to compare 5 stories to 12 or more here! Although our dorm is quite old and, well lets say "used", it is more than I expected. Still as far as I can tell, everything is clean and tidy. The landscape near the dorm is one the one handside almost unfriendly with holes in the streets and quite nasty buildings, on the other side very very idyllic! The whole university is so fantastic that is is really hard to describe! All of the buildings I have seen are really beautiful (as far as a building can be beautiful). There is a good mixture between more small buildings and then again huge buildings like the library or of course the majestic stadium. We immediately noticed that it really looks like in bad teenie movies, at least the campus does. The greenfield all over the campus is very neat, just like the whole rest appears. This gives you a feeling of being at the perfect university!
Another quite exciting fact here are the streets...as I mentioned the streets would make me sick! Scratches all over the 5(!) lanes for one way! I mean in Germany we have damaged streets aswell, but at least the bigger ones are fine. Another funny part are the traffic lights...they just hang all over the streets and you really have to get used to it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dennis,

    I like your comment about the campus looking like a movie - do you think it is stereotypical? I'm glad you like the buildings and landscape. I was impressed with all the greenery too when I first arrived in Cincinnati. I hope you enjoyed your day in Blue Ash today.

    See you tomorrow,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete