Friday, September 4, 2009

Summercoooooooooourse!

Dear reader,
This will be my last blog! 3 weeks are over and I am really satisfied with what I learned and experienced here!
To be honest, I can't really say that this trip changed me, but I guess it's not necessary to change after a 3 week program. I didn't have any prejudices that might have been changed my point of view. I had some expectations and really all of them were fulfilled.
But lets start in the beginning...
We arrived on Saturday...all of us with a bag, except me! After having pizza on saturday we went sleeping. Sunday began for me with running upstairs to get some clothes from Sebastian. Thanks for that again :) We went over the campus and the afternoon was free, so we instantly went to the first little store and I got 2 shirts, sunglasses and socks. As we came back to the dorm my bag had arrived...why did I get 2 shirts??? Well, that's bad luck, I guess.
The next striking experience was the Freedom Center and I was really impressed by what I saw there. I didn't know that much about the Civil War and it was really stunning.
I could go on like that and just mention almost everything we did each day, but that would take too long.
All in all I learned something new about this country every day of our trip. Sometimes cultural issues, sometimes simply what kind of beer people here drink. I am really satisfied with how these 3 weeks passed and I would definately do it again in exactly the same way!
So far so good, see you guys! And as Chuck would say, SUMMMMERCOOOOUUURSEEEE!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dennis,

    It was nice to meet you during these three weeks. I hope you have a good vacation in New York and all the best to you in your future studies.

    ReplyDelete